Youth Ministry and Programs at First UMC Coral Gables
BELIEVE. BE FREE. BE YOURSELF.
BELIEVE that Jesus Christ died for your sins. BE FREE to experience all of life through the power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. BE YOURSELF because that is why Jesus created you.
GET PLUGGED IN
- Sundays@FUMCCG: Youth Lunch, Games & Bible Study–students from 6th-12th grade attend and participate in the 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. services, work with Sunday school students; middle and high school youth are also welcome from 12:00 p.m. 2:00 p.m. in the Student Center.
- Friday Youth Nights- Fellowship, fun and worship from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
MISSION TRIP TO SOUTH DAKOTA
|WHEN:||July 7-15, 2017|
|WHERE:||Pine Ridge Reservation, in South Dakota|
|WHO:||FUMCCG Youth Group is partnering with the Wings as Eagles Ministries (WAEM) - a ministry that provides housing for orphans, food for children and youth everyday, worship and evangelism to at-risk young people, community outreach and renovation projects through volunteer groups - to help where we can!|
FUMCCG Youth Group will visit the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota to serve at-risk Lakota youth on the Pine Ridge Reservation. We will be working with Wings as Eagles Ministries (WAEM) to complete renovations on the WAEM youth center as well as preparing/serving food to impoverished youth, participating in youth outreach and working on small construction projects on the reservation.
To further support this incredible ministry, we will be donating much needed musical equipment for worship services that had previously been stolen.
The Pine Ridge Reservation is the poorest reservation in our nation. The Wings as Eagles Ministries is located on the Pine Ridge Reservation in the heart of the Badlands. This is a community with high rates of alcoholism, drug use, child abuse, youth suicide and child homelessness.
With God’s guidance, our church’s support and prayers, we hope to be the light of Christ in the darkness of our native lands. “...the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.” -Matthew 4:16.
|MORE:||Please check out this WAEM video -https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWlmWKh3IYw - and be the change that you want to see in the world!|
- Throughout the year our youth participate in missionary outreach in our South Florida community and in urban and rural settings throughout the U.S. to alleviate the suffering of others. Past missions have traveled to Mexico, Cuba, Haiti, Panama, and the southeastern United States.
- There are a number of special events and activities for the youth throughout the year including Rock the Universe, snorkeling, lock-ins, retreats, movie nights and much more.
THE GOOD WE DID
FUMCCG Youth make a difference!
- We completed fundraising efforts and assembling UMCOR Health Kits for Hurricane Matthew victims. We raised over $2500 and were able to provide much-needed assistance to our brothers and sisters in need.
Meet Danielle, our Youth Director!
Born and raised in Miami, Danielle Silverman has been a lifelong member of the United Methodist Church. She attributes her faith, passion for serving youth, and love of missions to the music and youth ministries of our denomination. Since graduating from the University of Miami in 2012, Danielle has been a member of our church serving as both the Director of our Community Music School and as a musician in our 9:30 a.m. service.
Whether as a volunteer music teacher, counselor, director or mentor, sharing the love of Christ with young people has always been close to Danielle's heart. She is grateful for the opportunity to be serving our middle and high schoolers and looks forward to involving our youth in various church ministries, the local community, and global missions.
You can reach Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 445-2578, ext. 107.
For more info on our Student Ministry, contact Danielle Silverman at email@example.com or 305-445-2578, ext. 107.